Monday, September 7, 2015

Winning My Heart

I've decided to take an intentional hiatus from my 52 Lists project, and tackle a smaller feat. A blogger I follow had started a 30 day writing challenge. The prompts aren't as "deep" as the 52 Lists Project, and I'm in the middle of a bit of a rough season right now so I figured something lighter might be a good idea. Some responses will be simple, others more detailed and complicated, but I'm letting go of the pressure to make them all the same, and just let my thoughts be. So here it goes! :)

The question for day one is 'What are five ways to win your heart?"

1. Introduce me to new, eclectic music that no one has ever heard of. I have a wide-ranged, yet very specific taste in music, and music is a sure-fire way into my heart. It's my life line.

2. Bring me iced coffee with almond milk and a splash of white chocolate. Seriously. I'll love you FOREVER.

3. Appreciate my passion. - I don't expect that everyone I love will relate or even agree with my decisions or passions, but those who give me the freedom to be authentically passionate and allow me to share that with them hold such a special place in my heart.

4. Love my mom. - I have yet to meet a person who genuinely doesn't like my mom. She's pretty freaking fantastic. She is everything I strive to be, and she speaks so much joy into my life.

5. Be a seeker of truth. - Honesty and integrity are the two biggest qualities I look for in those I keep in my inner circle. I am incredibly intentional about with whom I spend my time and surround myself with, and I highly value the truth that these people breathe into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment